Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting bored yet?


Well I am now 40 something reviews in and I have to say I am developing an even greater respect for the best band in the history of music.  How they can go out and play the same songs night after night and still have the kind of passion and care they do (well almost every show) is amazing. It’s not just about creating good music in the studio, it is about going out and giving it your all night after night and that blows me away. I know I am super critical sometimes but that is because I need to be for these review, to find the best of the best you have to find reasons to criticize and see what your left with.   

Some of you might be thinking, how does he listen to the same music day after day, don’t I get bored? Well no, it surprised me a little too but I still have a great relish for this process, these ongs are really coming alive, of course I spread it out and jump around the years, there are a lot of variations and different songs. 1968-1973 has some of the same songs played at pretty much every show but even those are not getting boring. Now ask me again when I get up to the 300 mark!

What is my favorite tour so far… ‘In The Flesh’. It’s a close thing but so far the ‘Animals’ tour is out in front. The ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ tour is great of course but there seems to be little less improvisation, same thing with ‘The Wall’ shows. The ‘Animals’ tour played ‘Wish you Were Here’ in it’s entirity which my favorite album as I have previously posted but also the songs from the ‘Animals’ album sound fantastic live, just amazing and they have a lot movement in them, room for improvisation which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment