Friday, March 2, 2012

'WTF just happened?' - 10th October, 1994 - Earl's Court, London, England

I named this bootleg myself because I was there so that gives me the right damn it!
It was previously unnamed, I think folks gave up on naming these, coming up with
something original is always tough seeing as how there are so many bootlegs out there
and most of the ones on the '87/'88 tour were really bad.

I do have the bootleg from this night, just for historical reasons though you understand.

You get like a minute of Shine On You Crazy Diamond, then it starts to die down (lasts about another minute after that), you didn't hear any crash at all, you can't even tell when it actually happened but that was the same that night. Then lots of chattering, a person nearby, or perhaps the recorder himself, doesn't seem to happy and finally we have the announcements for the rest of the time the guy is tell people to slowly leave block by block.

I had about an hour so train journey home and I believe it was announced on the news later that night or possibly the next day.

--------------------

Original info…

Pink Floyd
Complete Earls Court Volume 1
#ROIO Records (#ROIO CDR-017-I)

Earls Court Exhibition Hall
London, England
12 October 1994


Disc 1:

1.  Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Notes: Audience recording.  Show was cancelled due to collapsed stands. Average sound quality, but there are no 'songs'.  Just the opening bars of SOYCD.

Lost some rows of the back stands, replayed on 10/17/1994

No comments:

Post a Comment